UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Tressa Nese and Helen Diskevich Heart of Geriatric Nursing Excellence (CGNE) will host seven seminars throughout its annual spring collection to ahead the middle’s imaginative and prescient that each older grownup deserves the best high quality of evidenced-based care and well- being that respects particular person targets and preferences.
The CGNE Seminar Collection Spring 2023 is offered in collaboration with the Heart for Nursing Analysis and Age-Pleasant Care, PA at Penn State’s Ross and Carol Nese School of Nursing. The seminars present a chance for individuals to extend their data about getting older, geriatrics, and gerontology in addition to discover points associated to care and high quality of life for older adults.
All are inspired to attend — nurses and different well being care professionals, medical suppliers, college students, and neighborhood members. The collection is free and advance registration is required. Classes are held from midday to 1 pm on Thursdays in the course of the semester.
This season’s instructional subjects and particulars are:
Jan. 26 — “An infection Management Methods in Lengthy-Time period Care: Classes Discovered from the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Dr. Nicole Osevala, interim chief, Division of Geriatric Medication, and assistant professor of drugs and geriatrics, Penn State School of Medication; medical director, Penn State Well being Put up-Acute Care Service; and lead doctor with South Central RISE
Feb. 2 — “Compassionate Take care of Individuals with HIV/AIDS on the Finish of Life”
- Dr. Kiernan Riley, assistant professor, nursing, Faculty of Public Well being and Pure Sciences, Fitchburg State College
- Megan Lucey, BSN scholar (fourth yr), Ross and Carol Nese School of Nursing, Penn State Scranton
Feb. 16 — “Exploring Expert Nursing Facility Nursing Workers Perceptions of Social Context, Stress of Conscience, and Burnout Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Logan Sweeder, Ph.D. graduate scholar, Penn State Ross and Carol Nese School of Nursing
March 2 — “Socio-Contextual Components Associated to Well being and Nicely-Being in Various Older Grownup Communities”
- Dr. Alyssa Gamaldo, affiliate professor of human growth and household research, Penn State School of Well being and Human Growth
March 16 — “Ideas & Concerns in Caring for the Hospitalized Geriatric Trauma Affected person”
- Jasmine King, acute care nurse practitioner, Division of Geriatric Medication, Division of Medication, Penn State Well being Milton S. Hershey Medical Heart
April 6 — “Lengthy-Time period Care Workers and Resident Threat Perceptions Throughout COVID-19 Public Well being Disaster”
- Dr. Liza Behrens, assistant professor, Penn State Ross and Carol Nese School of Nursing
- Dr. Joan G. Carpenter, assistant professor, organizational methods and grownup well being, College of Maryland Faculty of Nursing; well being scientist, Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VAMC-Philadelphia
April 27 — “Diabetes Administration in Older Adults”
- Dr. Michelle Boakye, postdoctoral fellow, Villanova College; Boakye is a 2022 alumna of Penn State, the place she earned a doctorate in nursing.
Register right here for all or any occasions within the collection. Most classes will likely be supplied just about by way of Zoom, with the Jan. 26 occasion deliberate in a hybrid format (in individual on the Nursing Sciences Constructing on the College Park campus and on-line).
The Nese School of Nursing is accepted with distinction as a supplier of nursing persevering with skilled growth by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Affiliation Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Heart’s Fee on Accreditation. Every certainly one of these Nursing Persevering with Skilled Growth packages has been submitted for 1.0 contact hours for individuals who maintain a legitimate RN license and attend your entire program; partial contact hours are usually not awarded.